The FIRST SECTION of the table shows rate changes in the current month, including the name of the country that changes its rate, the current policy rate, the latest change in basis points, the date of the change, the year-to-date net change and the change in 2014, 2013 and 2012.
The SECOND SECTION shows changes year-to-date, starting with the Global Monetary Policy Rate (GMPR) or the average nominal rate of the 90 central banks covered by Central Bank News, the change in GMPR year-to-date, in 2014, 2013 and 2012.
Following are the changes for each central bank year-to-date.
For timely updates on monetary policy, connect to Central Bank News through Twitter or Facebook. Central Bank News also produces an inflation targets table.
Global Interest Rate Monitor (GIRM)
|CHANGES IN JANUARY:|
Central Bank News makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the interest rates in the above table at the time of publication. However, as rates and mechanisms change over time, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information above. If you have any corrections, please contact us. You may replicated the table in full under the condition that you cite Central Bank News as the source and provide a link back to www.centralbanknews.info.
Central Bank News publishes a weekly review of the latest developments in global monetary policy. WIR can be accessed under the website's Latest News pages or by searching for "Week in Review" in the website's search tool. For examples of recent WIRs, please see:
- "Monetary Policy Week in Review - Jul 21-25, 2014: Central banks continue to prepare for shift in Fed policy"
- "Monetary Policy Week in Review – Aug 19-23, 2013: Jackson Hole suggests QE path for Fed, Turkey tightens"
- "Monetary Policy Week in Review – Aug 5-9, 2013: 3 banks cut rates, 7 hold, BOE highlights policy challenges"
Global Monetary Policy Rate (GMPR):
Central Bank News occasionally publishes a monthly review of developments in global monetary policy, including the the GMPR, the average nominal policy rate by the 90 central banks followed by Central Bank News. The articles can be accessed under the website's Latest News pages or by searching for "GMPR." For examples of recent GMPRs, please see:
- "Global Monetary Policy Rates – Sep 2013: Global rates rise for 1st time in 23 months as rates may have reached nadir"
- "Global Monetary Policy Rates - July: Average policy rate steady for 3rd month in row as 4 banks raise rates"
- "Global Monetary Policy Rates – Apr. 2013: Central banks’ policy rates fall 749 bps as rate-cutting spree accelerates"
Global Monetary Policy Rate Index (GMPRI)
Central Bank News has developed a global monetary policy rate index, which is designed to capture broad levels and trends in central bank interest rates. Please consult the resources below for more background information on the indexes and the index data itself.
GMPRI was last updated in April 2012 but work is under way to update it.
- Introducing the Global Monetary Policy Rate Index
- Global Monetary Policy Rate Index - Developed Markets
- Global Monetary Policy Rate Index - Emerging Markets
- Access the index data here: Global Monetary Policy Rate Index - Data